Feb 20 2016
I get the following error message when trying to start the game
- We’re sorry, an error has occurred. Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL: [msvcpXXX.dll]
The game needs files from the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to run correctly. Unfortunately they are often not properly installed leading to this error.
The number can vary and corresponds to the following pack:
- MSVCR80.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- MSVCR90.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
- MSVCR100.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
- MSVCR110.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2012
- MSVCR120.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2013
- MSVCR140.dll belongs to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
Install the necessary files separately. There are two ways to do this (just try the second if the first doesn’t work).
If neither of them work, uninstall the the redistributable pack through your control panel first.
Installation from your hard drive
- Go to the following folder c:\program Files (x86)\Origin_Games\Unravel\_Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
- Double click on vcredist_X64.exe to install
Download from Microsoft
- Go here: The latest supported Visual C++ downloads
- Find the redistributable you need and download it to your hard drive.
- Double click on the file to install it.